Something is sure that you are a dog lover and always want the best for your loyal companion but, let me introduce you to the most common things dog owners do that can be really harmful to their pooches. Now, of course, you may be wondering what those things are because you surely don’t mean to do any harm to your loved pet. So, in this article, I will catch you up on some behaviors you should pay more attention to when you are dealing with your furry friend to keep that relationship between you and your pet as healthy and manageable as possible. whether you realize it or not, beagles are childlike animals and you do have to keep an eye on them most of the time, but you need to do it the right way in order to avoid any future troublesome situations. Got it? then let’s start off with the 12 harmful things you should never do to your hound.
First of all, you need to be very careful when choosing a collar for your dog, they come in so many different types and sizes and your mission is to find a suitable collar for your beagle depending on these tick notes:
- take your dog’s size for granted
- make sure you’re able to slip at least one finger between the collar and your beagle’s neck
- if your beagle is still a puppy keep the collar tightness in check every now and then ( a flat collar with a buckle is the best choice for that matter)
- when your dog is outside a breakaway collar is best for him, in case of any choking hazards)
- if you have a young beagle there is no need to use dog training collars because your canine is much more flexible to cope with the new behavioral adjustments, know that it is quite crucial to take those notes for sure in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your happy beagle.